Wish I had bought this when I had my first child! The only stroller you will EVER need!
May 9, 2010
It's an Escalade, but soooo worth it. If I were getting 1 stroller this would be it. It works perfectly for malls, beach, snow, off-roading, through all doorways-AND I can put it in and out of the back of the van with 1 hand (while holding a baby) and I'm not kidding-and I am 5'2" and weigh 102 pounds!
Must get the zip in insect/sun shade, it rolls up. We got the snack tray, roll bar and rain shield, based on other review recommendations, but those are a waste of money. We got the matching diaper bag-which is great because the strap extends long enough to go over the push bar and you don't have to dig under the seat for diaper changes. The bag has exterior pockets that have become my purse essentially. The snack bags on the back of each seat unzip and work as fanny packs for toddlers. If you remove them you get increased ventilation for summer breezes. Each bag has room for 2 water or other types of bottles, so you don't need a cup holder on the pushbar, but we bought a cup holder that attaches to the pushbar before we knew that. We don't use open cups on the stroller-no coffee, if you prefer that you might want the cup holder.
We got the third seat and canopy, but have only used it a couple times for our middle child, when baby 3 was a newborn. We put our eldest child (now 6) next to the baby then. Middle child, now 4, is almost too old to need a stroller seat, but when we are out for long excursions it's a good place for him to rest, the eldest will sit on the foot bench to bum a ride when we go to the park or at the mall when she gets tired of walking. We will probably keep ours for another 2 years as it is good to have space for the youngest PLUS all the stuff-like when you go to the beach or park and for all the shopping bags at the mall.
So all in all, if we had bought it when Rachel was born (and I so wish we would have) we would be getting 8 years of use!
Pros:1. Manueverability is better than anything else I've tried! Smooth, fits through all doors, stable as a rock!
2. Easy to get in and out of back of van with 1 hand even!
3. Zip in sun shade goes over both even with individual canopies!
4. Easy individually reclinable seats!
5. Zip off snack bags/cup holders/fanny packs for kids!
6. Adjustable pushbar.
7. Wheels come off for inflation or if you have a tighter pack in the trunk, really easy to get them on and off-you don't have to take the whole stroller to the gas station!
8. You can hose the whole thing down if there are spills and it dries really quick! Very durable!
9. Has tire pump in secret hiding place under right seat!!!