Advanced child safety protection along with caregiver peace of mind, all in an easy-to-use, convertible car seat—the Sirona M with SensorSafe. Part of the CYBEX Gold Car Seat family, the Sirona M with SensorSafe integrates important safety technology into the chest clip of the car seat to alert when unsafe situations arise.
The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 monitors the well-being of the seated child through the smart chest clip that is synced with the installed vehicle receiver and the caregiver's smartphone. The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 offers an adjustable Linear Side-Impact Protection (L.S.P.) System, which can reduce side impact forces by up to 25% when used properly, and a 12-position height adjustable headrest with integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child.
Whether rearward or forward-facing, the CYBEX Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 features an adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection system (L.S.P.), increasing the level of safety in case of a side-impact collision. The L.S.P. system can be individually adjusted on the door facing side of the car seat and can absorb up to 25% more impact forces in a side-impact collision in combination with the head and shoulder protectors.
In combination with the adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection System, the height-adjustable headrest adds to the excellent side-impact protection of the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 convertible car seat. The length of the harness changes automatically when the headrest is adjusted. This prevents any need for the difficult threading in and out of the harness and makes it almost impossible to misuse.
The Newborn Inlay provides a near-flat angle in the seat of the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0, helping to prevent baby's head tipping forward while it sleeps, which can lead to serious breathing problems. Along with German doctors and midwives, and taking into account the findings of many tests, this function was developed to enable a safe lying angle between head, neck and chest, thus significantly reducing the risk of suffocation. This seat insert is removable after the child reaches 11 lbs., to provide more space and comfort for growing children.
Originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe 2.0 will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to take action quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind.
- Chimes through the installed vehicle receiver if child is still secured in the seat when the car is switched off
- Alerts through the caregiver’s cell phone if the child is left behind in the vehicle and then alerts the designated emergency contact if the situation is still not remedied
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position
- Alerts through the vehicle receiver and caregiver’s smart phone when the child has unbuckled themselves while the vehicle is in motion
- Monitors the back seat temperature to alert through the vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smart phone when the back seat appears to be too hot or too cold for the child’s comfort
- Provides warnings to the caregiver when the child may have been seated for too long and needs a break
- Receiver plugs directly into your car’s OBD port and syncs with the caregiver’s cell phone
- Only one install needed if receiver is kept plugged into vehicle’s OBD port
- Helps to prevent misuse by providing guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s, direct link to customer service and more through the Sensorsafe 2.0 app.
- App can monitor up to 16 chest clips on a single platform
- App download available for Android and IOS
- REAR FACING DIMENSIONS: 18.5 H x 20 W x 29 L
- FORWARD FACING DIMENSIONS: 25 H x 20 W x 21.5
- SEAT WEIGHT: 24.7 lbs
- CHILD WEIGHT CAPACITY
- Rear-facing: 5-40 lbs
- Forward-facing: 22-65 lbs