Item # Y60096
Change the way you think about automobile safety with The First Years True Fit I Alert — a revolutionary mobile-synched car seat designed to recognize potentially unsafe conditions and alert parents on their smartphone. Seamlessly built into The First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat, the I Alert system monitors children in the seat with an easy-to-use mobile application that:
Quick and Easy Setup
- Assists in achieving the correct angle position when installing the seat in rear-facing position
- Reminds you to check the car seat buckle
- Alerts you if your child is out of their car seat while you are driving
- Alerts you if your child is left unattended in their car seat
- Constantly monitors the ambient temperature in the car
- Allows you to set up emergency contacts
The monitoring system works with most smartphones (IOS and Android) in the market today. After a quick download, you can personalize the I Alert app with your childrens’ photos, set up emergency contacts and register your seat for safety alerts.
Before you begin using your new car seat, please be sure to thoroughly read the provided installation instructions in combination with your automobile owner’s manual.
Safety Alerts to Your Phone, Instantly
We all get distracted now and then, so once you have installed I Alert and your child is comfortably seated in the car, you’ll receive a message to remind you to buckle them in. This alert will appear each time you seat your child.
I Alert constantly monitors the ambient temperature in the back seat. Temperatures in the back seat are not as well controlled as the front seat due to dashboard positioning, so your child may not be nearly as comfortable as you are. The temperature inside a car can rise 20 degrees in just 20 minutes, which means a caregiver’s quick trip inside the grocery store, bank or gas station could quickly lead to a potentially unsafe situation.
If a child is unintentionally left unattended in the car, an alert will be sent to your phone. If the situation continues, additional alerts will be sent via email and/or text to the contacts you’ve selected during setup and registration of the I Alert software. These alerts will let others know that a child may have unintentionally been left in their car seat.
A Monitoring System that Grows With Your Child
As children grow and begin to explore more, I Alert keeps them safe by sending you movement notifications. If for some reason a child is able to move out of their seat while the vehicle is in motion, an alert will sound on your mobile device. This will be your notification to pull over and re-secure the child in their car seat. And because your safety is equally important, I Alert’s notifications have both audible and visible options, so you won’t be distracted while driving.
Designed for Outstanding Safety and Comfort
The IAlert’s Advanced Side Impact Technology has been tested to international side impact standards. Our energy absorbing foam and contour design helps to reduce impact forces that may occur in the unlikely event of a crash, while providing a comfortable seat for everyday use. The deep seat means your child fits in the seat as they grow, keeping them secure and comfortable longer. For added convenience, a removable, washable cup holder will hold your child’s sippy cup on the go.
This seat features our standard no re-thread, easy-to-adjust harness. Keeping your child rear-facing longer is easy: the harness is for use from 5 to 35 pounds rear facing and up to 65 pounds in forward facing installations.
If you've ever tried to re-thread a harness on a car seat, you know how difficult it can be. The IAlert is hassle free, as the harness adjusts simply by moving the side adjusters. Each is clearly labeled to help you determine the correct positioning as your child grows.
Rebound Energy Management Technology Keeps Your Child Safe
I Alert features smaller bottom rails and the patented Rebound Energy Management system--a flip up rebound bar that actually helps manage the rebound in the unlikely event of a crash. Simply pull the bar forward and it snaps in place with your rear facing installation. Flip it back with you to move to the forward facing installation. Rebound is the movement that may occur during a crash, the rebound bar assists in stabilizing the rotational forces associated with a crash.
- Removable headrest for better rear-facing installation, can be used rear-facing installation, can be used rear-facing with headrest for infants up to 35 pounds.
- Easy-to-read center angle indicator with two position settings
- Easy adjust, no rethread harness for use to 65 pounds
- Multi-position crotch strap adjustment
- Easy-off pad, snaps on and off without rethreading harness
- Color-coded belt paths for easy installation
- Built-in lock-offs for both rear-facing and forward-facing installation, external LATCH storage
- Two-position recline for better installation
- Deep side wings, side-impact tested to international standards
- For use with children 5-65 pounds and up to 50" tall
- The patented Rebound Energy Management system-- a flip-up rebound