- Rear Facing 5-40 lbs (2,3-18 kg)
- Forward Facing 20-65 lbs (9,1-29,4 kg)
The BRITAX ADVOCATE®
convertible car seat accommodates children rear facing from 5 to 40 lbs (2,3 to18 kg) and forward facing from 20 to 65 lbs (91, up to 29,4 kg). The ADVOCATE is purposefully designed and engineered to minimize the forward movement of your childs head during a frontal impact to reduce the risk of head injury with the following revolutionary BRITAX head safety technologies:
- Base with SafeCell Technology® designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat.
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash.
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a two-point attachment and staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement and reduce the crash forces reaching the child.
- HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology® ensure proper positioning of the chest clip while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash.
The ADVOCATE is also equipped with energy-managing Side Impact Cushion Technology, reducing incoming side impact crash energy by 45 percent by diverting crash forces away from the child and incorporates BRITAX True Side Impact Protection®
for three layers of side impact protection. The five-point harness is tangle-free with an EZ-buckle system to retain the harness buckle in a forward position while harness holders that keep harness straps pulled to the sides to make boarding quick and hassle-free. Additionally, the Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator aids in proper harness snugness. Other features include a no-rethread harness and an easy-remove cover that also allows access to belt paths from the front of the seat, while the multiple buckle and recline positions, comfort pads, and infant positioning pillow provide premium comfort and positioning.
360 Degree Protection Features
Superior Fit and Comfort Features
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger.
- True Side Impact Protection® is deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them in true or aligned.
- Base with SafeCell Technology® features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology® ensure proper positioning of the chest clip while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash, reducing the risk of head injury.
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
Superior Ease-of-Use Features
- 65-lb (29,4-kg) Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and Infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Pillow for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Quick-Adjust Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
|Child Weight (lbs)
||Rear Facing: 5 - 40
Forward Facing: 1 year and 20, up to 65
|Child Standing Height (in)
||49 or less
|Child Seated Shoulder Height (in)
||Rear Facing: 9 - 16.75
Forward Facing: 12 - 16.75
|Product Weight (lbs)
|Product Dimensions (in)
||20.5W x 26H x 21D
|Seating Compartment Height (in)
|Seat Area Depth / Width (in)
||11 / 11
|Shoulder Width (in)
|Harness Slot Heights (in)
||8.5 / 9.5 / 10.5 / 11.5 / 12.5 / 13.5 / 14.5 / 15.5 / 16.5 / 17.5
|Buckle Strap Depths (in)
||5 / 7.5