Features Car seat includes base.
- Rear-facing 4-35 pounds and up to 32” in height
- Featuring Air Protect™ revolutionary side impact technology which immediately reduces side impact forces through the precise release of air - LEARN MORE
- Extended use from a tiny 4 to a full 35 pounds
- 17% more leg room than most infant car seats
- Customizable insert and low harness slots make the seat ideal for preemies and adjustable for growing babies
- Carry Curve™ Handle features ergonomic design
- Base Belt Lock easily secures your vehicle seat belt during installation
- One Click LATCH installation system
- Premium fabrics with custom embroidery
1 in 4 car crashes involving children are side impact collisions. They are by far the deadliest type of collision for children, accounting for 1 in 3 child fatalities; nearly all of which are caused by head trauma. These are frightening facts, but Safety 1st has been by your side for 25 years providing innovative products to help protect your child from becoming a statistic. It is in this tradition that we proudly announce Air Protect™ side impact technology.
Safety 1st engineers designed Air Protect™ using next generation testing methods that simulate the most violent types of side impact crashes, those with vehicle intrusion. Using this advanced methodology, Air Protect™ was engineered to defend your child in two vital ways. During a crash, the system immediately shields your child's head from the impact. In a second layer of defense, Air Protect™ allows air to escape from the headrest: channeling crash energy away from your child, creating more ride down time. It is this double layer of protection that makes Air Protect™ technology unique.
Safety 1st helps you to start your little one off on the right road with the onBoardÂ™35 featuring Air ProtectÂ™ Side Impact Technology, bringing our revolutionary protection to an easy-to-transport infant car seat. With 17% more leg room than most infant car seats and a harness specially designed to fit preemies, the onBoardÂ™35 Air easily accommodates the growing baby in a rear-facing position from a tiny 4 on up to a tall 35 pounds. Our specially designed Carry CurveÂ™ handle ensures a comfortable move for both you and your baby between the car and wherever you need to go!