Item # ASR-10291
The FAA, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and allchild safety organizations urge parents to bring certifiedchild restraints for their children when they travel byplane. The airplane seat belt alone does not protect smallkids who cannot brace themselves. But until CARES, theonly certified child restraint was a car seat. The bulk andweight of car seats discourage most parents from luggingthem through crowded airports and struggling withthem on planes - so many children travel without thesame level of safety their parents enjoy. CARES is theanswer to this situation.
- CARES stands for Child Aviation Restraint System.
- CARES is a harness-type safety device designed for children who weigh between 22-44 lbs and aresitting in their own airplane seats. (Generally 1- 4/5 years old.)
- CARES is the first - and only - harness-type aviation child restraint certified by the FAA for use onall U.S. registered aircrafts - the only alternative to a car seat.
- CARES takes the place of a car seat when traveling by air with young children and provides anequivalent level of safety (ELOS) to a car seat. (Stated in the FAA certification designation)
- CARES Weighs 1 pound (car seats weighs 15-20 lbs).
- CARES comes in a 6 inch stuff sack that fits in a pocket or purse. (Car seats are over 2 feet high, 20inches wide, heavy, bulky and hard to carry)
- CARES is designed specifically for air travel: it is portable, light weight and easy to use.
- CARES takes one minute to install on any airplane seat and augments the regular lap belt.
- Parents who need the car seat at the other end of the trip can ship it through as luggage, and carrytheir CARES on board.
- CARES has now also been certified by Australia and New Zealand. Canadian certification isimminent. European Union certification