Love this system -- best purchase ever*!
January 8, 2013
First off, I'm the nana, but my busy daughter left the stroller research to me. And we bought her two strollers, the BOB for running and the Vista for around town and travel. No other system comes with as many useful accessories as this stroller. We travel aLOT and I always interview the Vista owners I see in Miami, NYC, Seattle, San Diego, SFO . . . All of them rave about the Uppababy. She used the maxi-cosi infant seat until recently, and it popped on and off so easily for most trips involving car transfers, but the bassinet was also useful with a newborn, either next to the bed or wherever she happens to be around the house. The mosquito netting, sunshields and rainshields all work very well and she added the snack bar later.
Pros1) Versatile, cost-effective and includes everything but the bag for air travel.
2) Everything works, once you learn how to open and close the stroller, and this thing is a workhorse. Holds a ridiculous amount of stuff, too.
3) All the bells and whistles of status strollers that cost twice as much.
4) Made in the USA!!!
Cons* Still worth five stars, but here are the issues:
1) An amazing stroller, not a great travel stroller if you are traveling by plane or public transportation. Still worth taking if you're going to do lots of strolling, but it isn't light and it takes two hands to fold it. You can gate check it in the travel bag and any damage is covered IF you registered. This is the only problem we've ever had with this stroller, but the foot rest snapped off twice due to rough handling by the gate agents. I think we'll bet the G-Luxe for future trips.
2) Some day they will lower the snack bar so children can see what is in there, and integrate the side cup-holder so there isn't the dorky little unit hanging off the side. Those are both VERY minor items but worth mentioning.
3) 1) A WORD of advice -- do NOT forget to register the warranty. They stand behind this product, but it MUST be registered. It doesn't matter if you have the receipt or not. It doesn't matter if you know the serial number. I paid to have the replacement part fed-ex'ed both times, which says a lot about their customer service, but it was on my dime.