Great Car Seat
November 3, 2008
This car seat has fulfill all my expectations. I am a first time mom and after buying a lot of baby things, that either my son or me used, just because of people advice and reviews, I realized that I had to do my own research and find the right car seat for me and for my baby. Knowing that this is really a big investment, I wanted to get the right thing that will last long without feeling ripoff.
I read almost all reviews of the top ten car seats available in the market and I went to different stores and tried them with my baby to see what it was best for us. This is why I give 5 stars to the First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat.
1. My car is a Ford Taurus so I needed a car seat that did not block my view or the front seats space if the car seat was rear facing. Easy, I am using it without the headrest and is perfect.
2. I checked the padding of other car seats (something that you can't do on-line) and this one is as good padded as a $400 car seat. This will keep my son comfortable and it will assure me that in a couple of years the cushioning is going to last when he gets heavier.
3. Adjusting the harness height without having to rethread harness straps is awesome!!! and is very sturdy.
4. Taking out and in the cover to wash it, it's so easy, 5 seconds. and you don't have to take the whole car seat out of the car.
5. My car has all the metal rings for the car seat's easy latch system so it was super easy to install even the first time. A week ago, I had to use a pickup truck for a week (the ones that has a back seat but without back doors, and no lap belts) and I thought, here comes the trouble, I had to install the car seat with the regular seat-belt the one that comes from the top corner, and guess what? thankfully it was as easy as in my car.
6. I read a review of a mom with 2 kids, 3 years difference in between them, she gave a great review plus pictures of her 2 kids using it. What can be more convincing than that?
7. Super soft and confy fabric.
8. The only bad review that it had was that the crotch harness was to close to the back, even in the biggest position (it has 2 levels) so making it very uncomfortable for boys. I measure it and compare it with others and has the same depth as the Britax. You have to make sure to take out the extra padding that brings for newborns.
This is a product that do not have much reviews (maybe to new) comparing to other convertible car seats, so as a happy customer I thought is right to write a review about it. Definitely it is the best buy I have done for a long time.