Compliments all around town on the chic Rider
August 15, 2014
Having owned an UppaBaby Vista for my first child with the intention of it being my one and only stroller since it can grow once I have a second, let me tell you the reason why that didn't work and why having one stroller for multiples (unless twins) is only really good in theory.
When you look at strollers it all looks great when there isn't a baby/toddler in the stroller and you are testing them out empty. Once you have a baby/toddler only then do you really test the functionality.
The UppaBaby never seemed heavy to me until I had had a baby and was constantly lifting something or juggling multiple things, only then do you realize that it IS a heavy, cumbersome stroller. Also, having add-on seats for multiple kids looks nice and seems feasible when you see an empty stroller, but once you place kids in it and try to maneuver it then it is an entirely different ballgame. Pushing a stroller with a 30lb toddler and then another one is VERY heavy. Also, your toddler more than likely will not like sitting in a stroller with a baby. In sum, some of the features that sold me on the Uppa ended up being the same reasons why I gave it away and turned to Jane.
- the fabric! Very easy to wipe clean. Truly seems stain resistant unlike others that state same.
- super easy assembly, no tools, seriously done in 5 minutes!
- like having the front wheel lock option
- LOVE the suspension option
- Smooth ride for baby
- adjustable handle bar
- design of bottom frame bar eliminates tall, average or short people from hitting foot/shin on the bar no matter the stride length
- biggest plus for me is the placement and complexity of the break.